Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Play Review...

81rME3w6H4L._SL1500_

Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fast—at least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn’t plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn’t count on finding the one right girl.


Anne Rollins never thought she’d ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom walls—especially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn’t end well. No matter how hot he is. Or could it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reviewed by Kayla:

I really enjoyed reading Lick and was really excited to read Play by Kylie Scott. Mal is the drummer of Stage Dive. He has to change his image and fast at least for a little while. He thinks having a good girl on his arm will make things better. Mal doesn’t plan on making a temporary fix permanent until he finds the right girl. Anne never thought she’d meet a rock god. He was her teen crush. Anne is having some serious money problems because of a crummy ex friend who used her and then left her high and dry. She never thought meeting Mal would change her life. He moved in with her and paid her rent so she wouldn’t have to worry. All she has to do is pretend to be his girlfriend for a little while. She is afraid this is all going to blow up in her face and she will end up hurt. Feelings get mixed in. I really enjoyed this book. It was funny, cute and I really enjoyed it! I think that I may have liked Play better than Lick. Mal and Anne are hilarious. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

My favorite quotes: “Cool that you weren’t being psycho or getting in anyone’s face. Despite you being so into me that you get crazy eyed. I kinda find you strangely soothing to be around right now.”

“My heart is trying to burst out of my chest Aliens style. I couldn’t blame it for wanting to run for cover. This was insane. I had to keep this shit locked down. What if he’d been able to tell what it did to me? He’d call off our arrangement in a heartbeat.”

“Oh yeah. You’re the best.” I grinned back at him. “Pumpkin, hello. Of course I am!”




No comments:

Post a Comment